Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Aug. 16, 2019. For candidate committees, the numbers cover through July 20, 2019. For political action committees (PACs) connected to officeholders, the numbers cover through July 20, 2019.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
14TH HOUSE DISTRICT (Lincoln Park, Melvindale, Riverview and Wyandotte)
Current representative: Rep. Cara Clemente (D-Lincoln Park) is the current representative for the 14th District. The district includes Lincoln Park, Melvindale, Riverview and Wynadotte. Rep. Clemente was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017.
According to House Democrats, Rep. Clemente worked as a manager at Clemente’s Bar, Restaurant and Bowling Alley before the establishment closed. She also worked as an academic development coordinator in area schools and as a teacher. She is married to Paul Clemente, who previously held the seat.
A map of the 14th House District is available here.
Clemente raises money through a candidate committee, Friends of Cara Clemente.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Clemente And Connected Committees From 2015 Until The Present
|1.||Cara Clemente and family||$35,745||Candidate|
|2.||MI Beer & Wine Wholesalers||$7,500||Liquor|
|3.||MI Credit Union League||$6,500||Finance and Banking|
|4.||Auto Dealers of MI||$3,250||Business|
|5.||Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters||$3,000||Organized Labor|
|6.||Blue Cross Blue Shield||$2,850||Health Care|
|7.||MI Association of Realtors||$2,500||Real Estate|
|8.||Operating Engineers Local 324||$2,500||Organized Labor|
|9.||MI Bankers Association||$2,250||Finance and Banking|
|10.||Community Bankers||$2,050||Finance and Banking|
Top donors to Friends of Cara Clemente for 2019-2020:
|1.||Blue Cross Blue Shield||$1,000||Health Care|
|2.||MI Credit Union League||$1,000||Finance and Banking|
|3.||Michigan Infrastructure & Transportation Association||$1,000||Business|
|4.||MI Bankers Association||$750||Finance and Banking|
|5.||Auto Dealers of MI||$500||Business|
|6.||Community Bankers||$500||Finance and Banking|
|7.||MI County Roads Association||$500||Govnernment|
|9.||Michigan Education Association||$500||Education|
|10.||MI Association of Nurse Anesthetists||$500||Health Care|
|11.||Realtors PAC of MI||$500||Real Estate|
|12.||MI Beer & Wine Wholesalers||$500||Liquor|
|13.||Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters||$500||Organized Labor|
|14.||MI Certified Public Accountant||$500||Finance and Banking|
|15.||Smart Union Transportation Division||$500||Organized Labor|
Top donors to Friends of Cara Clemente for 2017-2018:
1. Michigan Credit Union League, $4,500
2. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $4,000
3. Operating Engineers Local 324, $2,500
4. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $2,500
5. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $2,250
6. Community Bankers, $1,550
7. Michigan Association of Realtors, $1,300
8. Michigan Education Association, $1,250
9. Michigan Bankers Association, $1,250
10. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,250
Top donors to Friends of Cara Clemente for 2015-2016:
1. Cara Clemente, teacher, $35,015
2. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
3. Axcess Financial Services PAC, $1,000
4. Michigan Credit Union League, $1,000
5. Registrars Local 58, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, $600
6. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $600
7. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $600
8. Michigan Association of CPAs PAC, $500
9. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $500
10. Michigan Petroleum Association and Michigan Association of Convenience Stores, $500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.