Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Nov. 27, 2018, covering disclosures through Oct. 21, 2018.
106TH HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Northern Michigan)
Current representative: The current representative for the 106th District is Rep. Sue Allor (R-Wolverine). The district includes Alpena, Presque Isle, Alcona, and Iosco counties and a portion of Cheboygan County. Allor was elected to the 106th District seat in November 2016, taking office in 2017. According to her campaign website, Allor was previously a member of the Cheboygan County Board of Commissioners.
Allor is a member of the House Appropriations Committee and she chairs the committee's Natural Resources Subcommittee.
A map of the 106th District is available here.
Rep. Allor raised money through a candidate committee, Committee to Elect Sue Allor
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Allor And Connected Committees From 2015 Through Today
1. Sue Allor, $62,102
2. Chatfield Majority Funds, Lee Chatfield, $25,250
3. House Republican Campaign Committee, $16,144
4. DeVos family, Amway, $14,000
5. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $13,000
6. Pettalia Preserving Majority Fund, Peter Pettalia, $10,000
7. Michigan Chamber PAC, $7,750
8. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $7,500
9. Stamas Leadership Fund, Jim Stamas, $6,500
10. Shamrock PAC, Laura Cox, $6,000
Top donors to Committee to Elect Sue Allor for 2017-2018:
1. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $10,000
2. Chatfield Majority Fund 2, Lee Chatfield, $6,000
3. DeVos family, Amway, $5,000
4. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $4,000
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $3,000
6. Michigan Chamber PAC, $2,750
7. Michigan Association of Realtors PAC, $2,200
8. Sue Allor, state representative, $2,000
9. Brian and Elizabeth Allor, Allor Outdoor Services, $2,000
10. Phil and Lindsay Babian, Canton, $2,000
11. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $2,000
12. Susan and Tim Fitzpatrick, WMCR CO, $2,000
Top donors to Committee to Elect Sue Allor for 2015-2016:
1. Sue Allor, $60,102
2. House Republican Campaign Committee, $16,144
3. Pettalia Preserving Majority Fund, Peter Pettalia, $10,000
4. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $9,250
5. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $9,000
6. DeVos family, $9,000
7. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $7,500
8. Shamrock PAC, Laura Cox, $6,000
9. Stamas Leadership Fund, Jim Stamas, $6,000
10. Michigan Association of Insurance Agents, MAIA PAC, $5,000
11. Michigan Chamber PAC, $5,000
12. Republicans for a Stronger Michigan Fund, $2,922
13. Nextera Energy PAC, $2,500
14. Michigan Farm Bureau PAC, $2,500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.