Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Nov. 27, 2018, covering disclosures through Oct. 21, 2018.
103RD DISTRICT (A portion of Northern Michigan)
Current representative: The current representative for the 103rd District is Rep. Daire Rendon (R-Lake City). The district features Missaukee, Crawford, Kalkaska, Roscommon, and Ogemaw counties. Daire Rendon was first elected to the seat in November 2016.
Her husband, Bruce, held the seat for the previous six years. According to her campaign website, in 2001, she became president of a small business that she started herself. Her company, DPS, provides financial services and call center support to the security industry.
A map of the 103rd District is available here.
Rep. Rendon raises money through a candidate committee, Friends to Elect Daire Rendon. She's also connected to a leadership PAC, Rendon Leadership North, which was previously connected to her husband, former Rep. Bruce Rendon.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Rendon And Connected Committees From 2015 Through Today
1. Rendon Leadership North, Bruce Rendon, $17,400
2. DeVos family Amway, $9,000
3. Business Leaders for Michigan, $8,000
4. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $5,000
5. Michigan Beer and Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,000
6. Michigan Farm Bureau PAC, $3,500
7. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $3,500
8. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $2,600
9. Michigan Credit Union League, $2,250
10. Daire Rendon, Dragon Payment Systems, $2,100
Top donors to Friends to Elect Daire Rendon for 2017-2018:
1. Business Leaders for Michigan, $3,000
2. Michigan Credit Union League, $2,250
3. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $2,250
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $2,000
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,750
6. Michigan Action Committee for Rural Electrification, $1,500
7. Associated Builders and Contractors, $1,500
8. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $1,500
9. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $1,000
10. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $1,000
11. Michigan Farm Bureau PAC, $1,000
12. Matthew Moroun, Central Transport, $1,000
13. Michigan Laborers Political League, $1,000
14. 4th Congressional District Republican Committee, $1,000
Top donors to Rendon Leadership North for 2017-2018:
1. John F. Koetje, retired, $1,300
Top donors to Friends to Elect Daire Rendon for 2015-2016:
1. Rendon Leadership North, $10,000
2. DeVos family $9,000
3. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $5,000
4. Business Leaders for Michigan, $5,000
5. Michigan Beer and Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
6. Michigan Farm Bureau PAC, $2,500
7. Daire Rendon, Dragon Payment Systems, $2,100
8. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $2,000
9. Haworth family, Haworth, $2,000
10. Kojaian family, Kojaian Management Group, $2,000
11. Friends of Housing, $1,750
12. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $1,600
13. Sheppard Leadership Fund, Jason Sheppard, $1,500
14. Amerisure PAC, $1,500
15. Michigan Insurance Coalition PAC, $1,500
16. Realtors PAC of Michigan, Realtors Association, $1,500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.