Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Jan. 7, 2019, covering disclosures through Nov. 26, 2018.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
32ND HOUSE DISTRICT (Portions of Macomb and St. Clair counties)
Current representative: The current representative for the 32nd District is Rep. Pamela Hornberger (R-Chesterfield Twp.). The district includes the cities of New Baltimore and portions of the cities of Memphis and Richmond, as well as the townships of Chesterfield, Casco, Columbus, Ira, Kenockee, Kimball, Riley and Wales, according to the House Republicans. Hornberger was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. According to her House biography, she previously taught Art in the East China School District in St. Clair County.
A map of the 32nd District is available here.
Rep. Hornberger raises money through a candidate committee, CTE Pamela Hornberger, and a leadership PAC, Hornberger Majority Fund, which launched in September 2017.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Hornberger And Connected Committees From 2016 To The Present
1. DeVos family, Amway, $14,000
2. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $10,000
3. Pamela Hornberger, teacher, $9,385
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $8,750
5. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $7,500
6. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $5,250
7. Business Leaders for Michigan, $5,000
8. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $4,500
9. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $3,000
10. Dental PAC, $2,500
Top donors to CTE Pamela Hornberger for 2017-2018:
1. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $10,000
2. DeVos family, Amway, $5,000
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $4,500
4. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $3,000
5. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $2,500
6. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $2,000
7. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $1,750
8. Dental PAC, $1,500
9. Delta PAC, $1,250
10. Governmental Consultant Services Inc., GCSI, lobby firm, $1,250
Top donors to Hornberger Majority Fund for 2017-2018:
1. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,000
2. Pamela Hornberger, representative, $1,187
3. Michigan Society of Anesthesiologists, $1,500
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $1,500
5. Michigan Association of Health Plans, MAHP PAC, $1,000
6. Dental PAC, $1,000
7. Associated Builders and Contractors, $750
8. Michigan Bankers Association, $750
9. Delta PAC, $750
10. General Motors PAC, $500
11. Michigan McDonalds Government, $500
Top donors to CTE Pamela Hornberger for 2016:
1. DeVos family, $9,000
2. Pamela Hornberger, teacher, $8,198
3. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $7,500
4. Business Leaders for Michigan, $5,000
5. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,500
6. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $2,000
7. Kojaian family, Kojaian Management, $2,000
8. DTE Energy PAC, $2,000
9. AmeriPAC, $1,500
10. Michigan Insurance Coalition, $1,500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.