Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated May 7, 2017.
62ND HOUSE DISTRICT (Calhoun County)
Current representative: Rep. John Bizon (R-Battle Creek) currently represents the 62nd District, which includes Battle Creek, Springfield and Albion. According to the House Republicans, Bizon is an ear, nose and throat-otolaryngologist in Battle Creek. He is also a former president of the Michigan State Medical Society. Bizon serves on the Appropriations Committee, where he is chair of the subcomittees on Medicaid and on military and veterans affairs.
A map of 62nd District is here.
Bizon raises money through a candidate committee, Committee to Elect John Bizon For State Representative.
TALLY: Top disclosed donors to Rep. John Bizon From 2013 To The Present
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $345,974
2. John Bizon, $67,646
3. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $20,000
4. DeVos family, $18,000
5. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $14,000
6. Michigan Osteopathic PAC, $13,500
7. Michigan Republican Party, $10,000
8. Pscholka Results PAC, Al Pscholka $10,000
9. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $10,000
10. Michigan State Medical Society, Doctors PAC, $9,700
Top donors to Committee to Elect John Bizon For State Representative for 2015-2016:
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $284,585
2. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $10,000
3. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $10,000
4. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $9,500
5. DeVos family, $9,000
6. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $8,500
7. Michigan Osteopathic PAC, $7,500
8. Kellogg Better Government Committee, $6,500
9. Callton Action Fund, Mike Callton $5,500
10. Michigan Farm Bureau PAC, $5,250
11. Michigan Society of Anesthesiologists, $5,000
12. Greater Rochester Leadership PAC, Mike Webber, $4,150
13. Southwest Michigan First PAC, $3,500
14. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $3,000
Top donors to Committee to Elect John Bizon For State Representative for 2013-2014:
1. John Bizon, $67,646
2. House Republican Campaign Committee, $61,389
3. Michigan Republican Party, $10,000
4. (Al) Pscholka Results PAC, $10,000
5. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen $10,000
6. (Lisa) Posthumus Lyons Leadership Fund, $9,500
7. DeVos family, $9,000
8. Michigan Jobs Fund (Roger Kahn), $7,500
9. Michigan Osteopathic PAC, $6,000
10. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $5,500
11. Michigan State Medical Society, Doctors PAC, $5,200
12. Meijer PAC, $5,000
13. One Tough Nerd PAC (Rick Snyder), $5,000
14. Calhoun County Republican Cmte, $4,900
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.