Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Jan. 7, 2019, covering disclosures through Nov. 26, 2018.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
26TH HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Oakland County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 26th District is Rep. Jim Ellison (D-Royal Oak). The district includes Royal Oak and Madison Heights. Ellison was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017.
According to House Democrats, Ellison has almost three decades of experience in local government and has served as the chairman of the Royal Oak Planning Commission, original chairman of the Woodward Dream Cruise Liaison Committee and president of the Royal Oak Housing Commission.
A map of the 26th District is available here.
Rep. Ellison raises money through a candidate committee, Jim Ellison for State Rep, and a leadership PAC, Ellison for Michigan, which formed in August 2018.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Ellison And Connected Committees From 2016 Through Today
1. Mamou family, Royal Oak Recycling, $8,000
2. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $8,000
3. Jim Ellison, Ronnisch Construction Group, $6,000
4. Jamil family, Royal Oak Storage, $3,000
5. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $3,000
6. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $2,750
7. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,250
8. Yezbeck, Fifth Avenue, $2,000
9. Registrars PAC Local 58 International Brotherhood Electrical Workers, $2,000
10. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $1,500
Top donors to Jim Ellison for State Rep for 2017-2018:
1. Mamou family, Royal Oak Recycling, $4,000
2. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $2,250
3. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $1,750
4. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $1,750
5. Friends of Jim Ellison, $1,173
6. Ronnie Boji, Boji Group, $1,000
7. Thomas Violante Jr., Holiday Market, $1,000
8. Registrars Local 58 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, $1,000
9. Business Leaders for Michigan, $1,000
10. Matt Riley, Royal Oak, $1,000
11. Nadine Jamil, Royal Oak Storage, $1,000
12. Michigan Education Association, MEA PAC, $1,000
Top donors to Ellison for Michigan for 2018:
1. Ian Ellison, California, $100
2. Daniel Frohardt-Lane, Royal Oak, $100
3. Jon Carlson, Ann Arbor, $100
Top donors to Jim Ellison for State Rep for 2015-2016:
1. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $7,500
2. Jim Ellison, Ronnisch Construction Group, $6,000
3. Mamou family, Royal Oak Recycling, $4,000
4. Yezbeck, Fifth Avenue, $2,000
5. Jamil family, Royal Oak Storage, $2,000
6. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $1,000
7. Operating Engineers Local 324 PAC, $1,000
8. Registrars PAC Local 58 International Brotherhood Electrical Workers, $1,000
9. Martin Coats, Fifth Avenue, $1,000
10. Catherine Ronnisch, Ronnisch Construction Group, $1,000
11. Firas Hajjar, investor, $1,000
12. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $1,000
13. Rizzo Environmental Services, $1,000
14. John DeAngelis, developer, $1,000
15. Michael Chetcuti, entrepreneur, $1,000
16. Gary Baglio, Five 15, $1,000
17. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $1,000
18. Tari Carter, Royal Oak Storage, $1,000
19. Craig Reeves, Royal Oak Retriever, $1,000
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.