Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Nov. 27, 2018, covering disclosures through Oct. 21, 2018.
20TH HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Wayne County)
Current representative: The 20th District's current representative is Rep. Jeff Noble (R-Plymouth). The district includes Northville, Northville Township, Plymouth, Plymouth Township and eastern Canton. Noble was elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. Noble is vice chair of the Families, Children, and Seniors Committee and a member of the Education Reform, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure committees, according to House Republicans.
According to his official House website, Noble served as the lead pastor of Main Street Baptist Church in Canton until forming the Praise Baptist Church in 2008.
A map of the 20th District is available here.
Rep. Noble raised money through a candidate committee, Committee to Elect Jeff Noble.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Noble And Connected Committees From 2015 Through Today
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $70,480
2. DeVos family, Amway, $14,000
3. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $9,500
4. Chatfield Majority Fund II, Lee Chatfield, $7,000
5. Business Leaders for Michigan PAC, $5,000
6. Michigan Values Leadership PAC, Tom Leonard, $5,000
7. 11th Congressional District Republican Committee, $5,000
8. Blue Water Liberty Fund, Shane Hernandez, $4,000
9. Building Experience Now, Ben Frederick, $4,000
10. Haworth family, Haworth Inc., $4,000
Top donors to Committee to Elect Jeff Noble for 2017-2018:
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $67,480
2. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $9,500
3. Chatfield Majority Fund II, Lee Chatfield, $7,000
4. DeVos family, Amway, $5,000
5. Blue Water Liberty Fund, Shane Hernandez, $4,000
6. Building Experience Now, Ben Frederick, $4,000
7. Haworth family, Haworth Inc., $4,000
8. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $3,500
9. Wentworth Majority Fund, Jason Wentworth, $2,500
10. Michigan Strategic Leadership Fund, Jim Lilly, $2,500
11. Compete Michigan PAC, Mike Shirkey, $2,500
12. Whiteford Leadership Fund PAC, Mary Whiteford, $2,500
Top donors to Committee to Elect Jeff Noble for 2015-2016:
1. DeVos family, $9,000
2. Business Leaders for Michigan PAC, $5,000
3. Michigan Values Leadership PAC, Tom Leonard, $5,000
4. 11th Congressional District Republican Committee, $3,500
5. House Republican Campaign Committee, $3,000
6. Michigan Insurance Coalition, $2,000
7. Michigan Association of Insurance Agents, Agent PAC, $2,000
8. Kojaian family, Kojaian companies, $2,000
9. Lollio family, Marko Trucking, $2,000
10. Noble family, Sparrow Hospital, $2,000
11. Shamrock PAC, Laura Cox, $1,500
12. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $1,500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.