Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Nov. 27, 2018, covering disclosures through Oct. 21, 2018.
102ND HOUSE DISTRICT (Wexford, and Mecosta counties and part of Osceola County)
Current representative: Rep. Michele Hoitenga (R-Manton) represents the 102nd District. The district includes Wexford and Mecosta counties and a portion of Osceola County. Hoitenga was first elected to the seat in November 2016, beginning her first term in 2017. According to her campaign website, Hoitenga is a business owner. She is a former president and a former treasurer of the Manton Area Chamber of Commerce.
She is chair of the House Communications and Technology Committee and a member of the Regulatory Reform, Insurance and Military and Veterans Affairs committees, according to House Republicans.
A look at the 102nd District is here.
Hoitenga raises money through a candidate committee, Friends to Elect Michele Hoitenga for State Rep, and a leadership PAC, Michele for Michigan. The PAC formed on March 27, 2017, according to state records.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Hoitenga And Connected Committees From 2015 To The Present
1. Michele Hoitenga, $37,998
2. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $7,500
3. Comcast Corp. & NBC Universal, $6,500
4. DeVos family, Amway, $6,000
5. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,900
6. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $5,000
7. Telecommunications Association of Michigan PAC, $5,000
8. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $3,500
9. Haworth family, Haworth, $3,000
10. Michigan Insurance Coalition PAC, $3,000
Top donors to Friends to Elect Michele Hoitenga for State Rep for 2017-2018:
1. DeVos family, Amway, $6,000
2. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,500
3. Telecommunications Association of Michigan PAC, $5,000
4. Small Business Association PAC, $2,500
5. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $2,500
6. AT&T Michigan, $2,500
7. Carlson family, Cadillac Casting, $2,000
8. Boosalis family, Cadillac Casting, $2,000
9. Haworth family, Haworth, $2,000
10. Wilson family, Team Bob, $2,000
11. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $2,000
Top donors to Michele for Michigan from 2017-2018:
1. Comcast PAC, $6,000
2. Michele Hoitenga, state representative, $5,000
3. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $5,000
4. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,000
5. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $500
6. Friends of Ferris, $500
7. Automobile Club of Michigan, $500
8. Michigan Sportsmen Alliance, $500
9. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $400
10. Sarah Hubbard, Acuitas, $250
11. Michigan Reynolds American, $200
Top donors to Friends to Elect Michele Hoitenga for State Rep for 2015-2016:
1. Michele Hoitenga, PHD Consulting Inc., $32,198
2. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $5,000
3. Wexford County Republican Party, $2,000
4. Michigan Insurance Coalition PAC, $2,000
5. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $1,000
6. Michigan Chamber of Commerce, $1,000
7. Osceola County Republican Party, $1,000
8. Matthew Haworth, Family Investment and Resource, $1,000
9. J.C. Huizenga, Huizenga Group, $1,000
10. 4th Congressional District Republican Party, $1,000
11. Realtors PAC of Michigan, Realtors Association, $1,000
12. Friends of Housing, $1,000
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.