Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated May 7, 2017.
13TH SENATE DISTRICT (A portion of Oakland County)
Current senator: The current senator for the 13th District is Sen. Marty Knollenberg (R-Troy). The district includes Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak and Troy. He serves as chairman of the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Appropriations Subcommittee and on the Transportation and Corrections Appropriations subcommittees, according to the Senate Republicans. He is also vice chair of the Education Committee and a member of the Finance and Regulatory Reform committees.
A map of the 13th District is available here.
Sen. Marty Knollenberg raises money through a candidate committee, Marty Knollenberg for State Senate, and a leadership PAC, Marty Knollenberg Leadership Fund. Sen. Knollenberg is also linked to a nonprofit account, Advance Oakland, Inc., which doesn't have to disclose its donors.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Sen. Knollenberg From 2011 Until The Present:
1. Marty Knollenberg, $27,500
2. DeVos family, $21,000
3. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $8,500
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $8,000
5. Stanley Frankel, Frankel Associates, $7,900
6. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $6,500
7. Moving Michigan Forward Fund, Arlan Meekhof, $6,000
8. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $5,250
9. Meijer PAC, $5,000
10. Michigan Credit Union League, $4,250
Top donors to Marty Knollenberg Leadership Fund for 2017-2018:
No donors reported.
Top donors to Marty Knollenberg for State Senate for 2015-2016:
1. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $3,000
2. DeVos family, $3,000
3. Michigan Association of Realtors PAC of Michigan, $3,000
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association PAC, $3,000
5. General Motors Co. PAC, $3,000
6. Michigan Credit Union League, $2,250
7. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $2,250
8. Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists, $2,000
9. Michigan Association of CPAs PAC, $2,000
10. Alec Rasmussen, $2,000
11. Lee Schear, $2,000
12. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $1,750
Top donors to Marty Knollenberg Leadership Fund for 2015-2016:
No donors reported
Top donors to Advance Oakland for 2013-2015 (Reported by the donors):
1. Karoub Associates PAC, $250
Top donors to Marty Knollenberg for State Senate for 2011-2014:
1. Marty Knollenberg, $27,500
2. DeVos family, $18,000
3. Moving Michigan Forward Fund (Arlan Meekhof), $6,000
4. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $5,500
5. Meijer PAC, $5,000
6. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association PAC, $5,000
7. Sandra and Joseph Knollenberg, $4,000
8. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $3,500
9. (David) Hildenbrand Leadership Fund, $3,500
10. Jennifer and Christopher Powell, $3,500
11. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $3,000
12. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $3,000
13. Anita and David Dauch, $3,000
Top donors to Marty Knollenberg Leadership Fund for 2011-2014:
1. Stanley Frankel, Frankel Associates, $6,900
2. Marty Knollenberg for State Representative, $4,561
3. Anthony Soave, Soave Enterprises, $2,500
4. Michigan Credit Union League PAC, $2,000
5. David T. Provost, Talmer Bank and Trust, $1,000
6. Terry Knight, $750
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.