Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Feb. 21, 2017.
12TH HOUSE DISTRICT (Romulus, Taylor and a portion of Van Buren Township)
Current representative: The current representative for 12th House District is Rep. Erika Geiss (D-Taylor). During the 2015-2016 session, Geiss was a member of the House Commerce Committee, the House Health Policy Committee and the House Workforce and Talent Development Committee. According to the House Democrats, she a small-business owner, operating a home-based editing business that she started 2001. Her husband, Doug Geiss, previously held the seat. She was elected in 2014.
A map of the 12th House District is available here.
Rep. Geiss raises money through a candidate committee, Erika Geiss For State Representative Committee.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Erika Geiss From 2013 To The Present
1. Erika Geiss, $11,571
2. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $5,950
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,000
4. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $4,500
5. Registrars Local 58 IBEW, $2,700
6. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $2,550
7. Joan and John Hennessey, $2,000
8. Democratic Club of Taylor Women Auxiliary, $1,943
9. Geiss Leadership Fund (the leadership PAC of husband, Doug), $1,200
10. Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners, $1,080
Top donors to Erika Geiss For State Representative Committee for 2015-2016:
1. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $4,000
2. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $3,000
4. Registrars PAC Local 58 IBEW, $1,700
5. Erika Geiss, $1,080
6. Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners, $1,080
7. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $1,050
8. Michigan Association of Health Plans, MAHP PAC, $1,000
9. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $1,000
10. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, $1,000
11. Anne Larimore, retired, $1,000
12. Democratic Club of Taylor Women Auxiliary, $1,000
13. Ford Motor Company Civic Action Fund, $750
14. Michigan Health & Hospital Association, Health PAC, $750
Top donors to Erika Geiss For State Representative Committee for 2013-2014:
1. Erika Geiss, $10,491
2. Joan and John Hennessey, $2,000
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association PAC, $2,000
4. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters PAC, $1,950
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $1,500
6. Geiss Leadership Fund, $1,200
7. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $1,150
8. (Tim) Melton for Michigan, $1,000
9. Registrars Local 58 IBEW, $1,000
10. Democratic Club of Taylor Women’s Auxiliary, $943
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.