Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Aug. 16, 2019. For candidate committees, the numbers cover through July 20, 2019. For political action committees (PACs) connected to officeholders, the numbers cover through July 20, 2019.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
4TH DISTRICT (Features Hamtramck and portions of Detroit)
Current representative: Rep. Isaac Robinson (D-Detroit) is the current representative for the 4th House District. According to his official website, Robinson is a criminal defense attorney who previously worked as a legislative assistant in the Michigan House. He was also legal counsel and senior advisor in the U.S House of Representatives from 2010 to 2013.
He was first elected to the Michigan House in 2018, taking office in 2019. He is member of the House Commerce and Tourism Committee, the House Tax Policy Committee and the House Regulatory Reform Committee.
A map of the 4th District is available here.
Robinson raises money through a candidate committee, William Isaac Robinson for Representative.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Robinson And Connected Committees From 2017 To The Present:
1. William Isaac Robinson, $36,274
2. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $4,250
3. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $3,000
4. Teamsters 337, $2,250
5. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $1,500
6. Carolyn Patrick, Detroit, $1,050
7. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, $1,000
8. Operating Engineers Local 324, $1,000
9. Rola Sheik, Dearborn, $1,000
10. Mahmoud Al-Hadidi, doctor, $1,000
Top donors to William Isaac Robinson for Representative for 2019-2020:
1. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $3,250
2. William Isaac Robinson, $3,006
3. Mahmoud Al-Hadidi, doctor, $1,000
4. Jim Allen, Allen Brothers Law Firm, $750
5. DTE Energy PAC, $500
6. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $500
7. Muslah Saleh, doctor, $500
8. Michigan Education Association, MEA, $250
9. Henry Ford Health System, $250
10. Ben Bawazir, realtor, $250
11. Kevn McKinney, McKinney Associates, $250
12. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers, $250
13. David Katz, Detroit Medical Center, $250
14. Michigan AFL-CIO COPE Fund, $250
15. Teamsters 337, $250
Top donors to William Isaac Robinson for Representative for 2017-2018:
1. William Isaac Robinson, attorney, $33,268
2. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $3,000
3. Teamsters 337, $2,000
4. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $1,500
5. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, $1,000
6. Operating Engineers Local 324, $1,000
7. Rola Sheik, Dearborn, $1,000
8. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $1,000
9. Carolyn Patrick, Detroit, $950
10. Horace Sheffield, pastor, $700
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.