Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Jan. 7, 2019, covering disclosures through Nov. 26, 2018.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
46TH HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Oakland County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 46th District is Rep. John Reilly (R-Oakland). The district includes Oxford, Orion, Addison, and Brandon townships and a portion of Oakland Twp., according to House Republicans. He is vice chair of the House Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) and of the Financial Liability Reform Committee.
Reilly was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. According to his official House website, Reilly worked for 20 years in automotive test engineering before starting his own home service business, Log Cabin Handyman.
A map of the 46th District is available here.
Rep. Reilly raises money through a candidate committee, Friends of John Reilly. He's also connected to a leadership PAC, Ready to Equip Industrious Leaders for Liberty.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Reilly And Connected Committees From 2015 Until The Present
1. John Reilly, $20,000
2. Realtors PAC, $3,000
3. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $2,500
4. Gentry family, BGM, $2,230
5. Greater Oakland Republicans, $2,000
6. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,000
7. Matthew T. Moroun, Central Transport, $2,000
8. Daniel Reilly, consultant, $1,535
9. Wright family, retired, $1,500
10. Elder family, Multiject, $1,400
Top donors to Committee to Friends of John Reilly for 2017-2018:
1. John Reilly, $10,000
2. Realtors PAC, $2,000
3. Michigan Chamber PAC, $1,250
4. Scott and Sue Gentry, Romeo, $1,230
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,000
6. Matthew Moroun, Central Transport, $1,000
7. Becky Bernardi, retired, $800
8. Ron Piotraowski, Oxford, $685
9. Daniel Reilly, Applied Progress, $535
10. Jim Daly, Oxford, $535
Top donors to Ready to Equip Industrious Leaders for Liberty for 2017-2018:
1. Realtors PAC, $1,000
2. Raymond Telman, Middle Cities Education Association, $1,000
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,000
4. IGS Ventures, $250
5. Loren Siffring, Rochester Hills, $200
6. Exelon PAC, $200
7. Automobile Club, $200
8. Gregory Weddle, Lake Orion, $200
9. Martin Szarek, Westbrook Engineering, $200
Top donors to Committee to Friends of John Reilly for 2015-2016:
1. John Reilly, self employed, $10,000
2. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $2,500
3. Greater Oakland Republicans, $2,000
4. Wright family, retired, $1,500
5. Elder family, Multiject, $1,400
6. Matthew T. Moroun, Central Transport, $1,000
7. Nextera Energy Inc PAC, $1,000
8. Michael Mahoney, sales, $1,000
9. James Gardner, MJ Electric, $1,000
10. Daniel Reilly, consultant, $1,000
11. John Stefko, Marathon Petroleum Company, $1,000
12. Scott Gentry, BGM, $1,000
13. Don Mancier, Accra Tool Inc., $1,000
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.