Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated May 7, 2017.
42ND HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Livingston County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 42nd District is Rep. Lana Theis (R-Brighton Twp.). The district includes the city of Brighton and the townships of Brighton, Genoa, Green Oak, Hamburg and Putnam, according to House Republicans.
She is chair of the Insurance Committee and vice chair of the Judiciary Committee, according to the House Republicans. She is also a member of the Regulatory Reform and Law and Justice committees. She was first elected to the House in 2014.
A map of the 42nd District is available here.
Rep. Theis raises money through a candidate committee, Lana Theis for State Rep, and a leadership PAC, Liberty Freedom Fund. He husband, Samuel Theis, controls an administration account called Leading Michigan Forward Fund.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Funds Connected To Rep. Theis Or Her Husband From 2013 To The Present
1. Michigan Insurance Coalition, $82,500
2. Lana Theis, $40,000
3. Amerisure PAC, AmeriPAC, $9,000
4. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $4,500
5. Michigan Credit Union League PAC, $4,500
6. Julie and Mike Corrigan, Corrigan Oil, $2,796
7. Value for Michigan, John Moolenaar, $2,500
8. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $2,500
9. Allstate Insurance Company, $2,250
10. Moroun family, $2,000
11. Posthumus Lyons Leadership Fund, Lisa Lyons, $2,000
Top donors to the Liberty Freedom Fund for 2017-2018:
No contributions reported.
Top donors to Lana Theis for State Rep for 2015-2016:
1. Michigan Credit Union League PAC, $4,500
2. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PAC, $3,500
3. Michigan Chamber PAC, $1,500
4. Michigan Bankers Association, Bank PAC, $1,200
5. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $1,200
6. Delta PAC, $1,150
7. James Chain, Chain Industries, $1,000
8. Bruce Hundley, retired, $1,000
9. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $1,000
10. Pioneer State Mutual PAC, $1,000
11. Mike Corrigan, Corrigan Oil $1,000
12. Allstate Insurance Company PAC, $1,000
13. Frankemuth PAC, $1,000
14. Axcess Financial PAC, $1,000
Top donors to the Liberty Freedom Fund for 2015-2016:
1. Automobile Club PAC, AC PAC, $1,500
2. Michigan Allstate Insurance Company, $1,250
3. Meghan Recking, Mason, $100
Top donors to the Leading Michigan Forward Fund for 2015-2016:
1. Michigan Insurance Coalition, $80,000
2. Caremark RX Inc., $500
3. Aetna Inc., $250
Top donors to Lana Theis for State Rep for 2013-2014:
1. Lana Theis, $40,000
2. Amerisure PAC, AmeriPAC, $9,000
3. Michigan Insurance Coalition PAC, $2,500
4. Value for Michigan, John Moolenaar, $2,500
5. Lindsay and Matthew Moroun, $2,000
6. (Lisa) Posthumus Lyons Leadership Fund, $2,000
7. Julie and Mike Corrigan, $1,796
8. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $1,500
9. Mary and Mounir Kamal, $1,450
10. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $1,000
11. Jennifer and Scott Panning, $1,000
12. Robert Parker, $1,000
13. Chuck Stockwell, $1,000
14. Sharon Tiemann, $1,000
15. Ronald Weiser, $1,000
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.