Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Feb. 21, 2017.
63RD HOUSE DISTRICT (Portions of Calhoun and Kalamazoo counties)
Current representative: The current representative for the 63rd District is Rep. David Maturen (R-Brady Twp.). The district includes portions of Kalamazoo County and Calhoun County. Maturen is vice chair of the House Tax Policy Committee and is a member of the Financial Liability Reform Committee and the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. He was first elected to the House in 2014.
A map of the 63rd District is available here.
Rep. Maturen raises money through a candidate committee, Committee To Elect David Maturen For State Rep.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Maturen From 2013 To The Present
1. David Maturen, $25,000
2. Pscholka Results PAC, Al Pscholka $10,000
3. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $8,245
4. DTE Energy Company PAC, $3,500
5. COMM-PAC, $3,000
6. Bolger Restore Michigan Fund, Jase Bolger, $2,500
7. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, Consumers Energy, $2,500
8. Janice and David Becker, $2,000
9. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,000
10. Beverly and Jim Haas, $2,000
11. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $2,000
12. Kalamazoo Anesthesiology Safe Michigan Fund $2,000
Top donors to Committee To Elect David Maturen For State Rep for 2015-2016:
1. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $4,245
2. DTE Energy Company PAC, $3,500
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
4. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $2,500
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,000
6. General Motors Company PAC, $1,650
7. Southwest Michigan First PAC, $1,500
8. Michigan Credit Union League, $1,500
9. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $1,500
10. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $1,350
11. Michigan Action Committee for Rural Electrification, $1,400
Top donors to Committee To Elect David Maturen For State Rep for 2013-2014:
1. David Maturen $25,000
2. (Al) Pscholka Results PAC $9,000
3. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC $5,000
4. (Jase) Bolger Restore Michigan Fund $2,500
5. Janice and David Becker $2,000
6. COMM-PAC $2,000
7. Beverly and Jim Haas $2,000
8. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC $1,500
9. Vision for Victory, Rep. Kevin Cotter, $1,500
10. Calhoun County GOP. $1,000
11. Kalamazoo Anesthesiology Safe Michigan Fund $1,000
12. Robert Kittredge $1,000
13. (Aric) Nesbitt Majority Fund $1,000
14. (Lisa) Posthumus Lyons Leadership Fund $1,000
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.