Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Nov. 27, 2018, covering disclosures through Oct. 21, 2018.
66TH HOUSE DISTRICT (Van Buren County and part of Kalamazoo County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 66th District is Rep. Beth Griffin (R-Paw Paw). The district includes Van Buren County and a portion of Kalamazoo County. Griffin was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. According to her official House biography, Grffin previously worked as a teacher and as a Van Buren County commissioner. She served as a county commissioner from 2013 to 2016. She is a member of the Energy Policy, Education Reform and Regulatory Reform committees.
A look at the 66th House District is here.
Rep. Griffin raises money through a candidate committee, Beth Griffin for State Rep.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Griffin And Connected Committees From 2015 Through Today
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $324,865
2. Beth Griffin, $40,000
3. Chatfield Majority Funds, Lee Chatfield, $19,550
4. Michigan Chamber PAC, $14,000
5. DeVos family, Amway, $14,000
6. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $10,000
7. Nesbitt Majority Fund, Aric Nesbitt, $10,000
8. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $9,500
9. DTE Energy PAC, $9,500
10. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $8,500
Top donors to Beth Griffin for State Rep for 2017-2018:
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $20,362
2. Chatfield Majority Fund 2, Lee Chatfield, $10,000
3. DTE Energy PAC, $9,500
4. Michigan Chamber of Commerce PAC, $9,500
5. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $7,500
6. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,500
7. Michigan Association of Realtors, Realtors PAC, $5,400
8. DeVos family, Amway, $5,000
9. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $4,000
10. Telecommunications Association of Michigan, $3,650
Top donors to Beth Griffin for State Rep for 2015-2016:
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $304,503
2. Elizabeth Griffin, Van Buren County commissioner, $40,000
3. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $10,000
4. Nesbitt Majority Fund, Aric Nesbitt, $10,000
5. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $9,500
6. DeVos family, $9,000
7. Michigan Chamber PAC, $4,500
8. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
9. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $2,550
10. Michigan Association of Insurance Agents, MAIA PAC, $2,500
11. Van Buren Republican Executive Committee, $2,500
12. Greater Rochester Leadership Fund, Mike Webber, $2,500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.