Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Aug. 14, 2018.
24TH HOUST DISTRICT (A portion of Macomb County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 24th District is Rep. Steve Marino (D-Harrison Twp.). The district includes Harrison Township and portions of Clinton and Macomb townships. Marino was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. Marino is a former Macomb County commissioner and a former lobbyist, including working on behalf of Delta Dental. According to his House biography, he worked in "both the public and private sectors, specializing in public affairs and campaign finance."
He is a member of the House Appropriations Committee.
A map of the 24th District is available here.
Marino raises money through a candidate committee, Citizens for Steve Marino, and a leadership PAC, the Marino Victory Fund, which formed in 2013.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Marino And Connected Committees From 2016 Through Today
1. Steve Marino, Campaign Finance Strategies, $80,629
2. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $13,500
3. DeVos family, $9,000
4. Operating Engineers Local 324, $7,500
5. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $7,500
6. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters PAC, $6,000
7. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,800
8. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $5,000
9. Business Leaders for Michigan PAC, $5,000
10. Greater Rochester Leadership Fund, Mike Webber, $4,000
Top donors to Citizens for Steve Marino for 2017-2018:
1. Chatfield Majority Fund, Rep. Lee Chatfield, $10,000
2. Operating Engineers Local 324, $7,500
3. Steve Marino, self, $6,851
4. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters PAC, $6,000
5. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $5,600
6. Michigan Laborers Political League, $3,500
7. Health PAC, Health & Hospital Association, $3,500
8. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $2,500
9. Michigan Chamber PAC, $2,000
10. Delta PAC, $2,000
11. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $1,750
Top donors to Marino Victory Fund for 2017-2018:
No contributions reported.
Top donors to Citizens for Steve Marino for 2015-2016:
1. Steve Marino, Campaign Finance Strategies, $75,100
2. DeVos family, $9,000
3. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $7,500
4. VerHeulen Leadership Fund, Rob VerHeulen, $5,000
5. Business Leaders for Michigan PAC, $5,000
6. Greater Rochester Leadership Fund, Mike Webber, $3,750
7. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $3,500
8. House Republican Campaign Committee, $2,500
9. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $2,500
10. Shamrock PAC, Laura Cox, $2,000
11. Brandenburg Leadership PAC, Jack Brandenburg, $2,000
12. Haworth family, Haworth Inc., $2,000
13. Kojaian family, $2,000
Top donors to Marino Victory Fund for 2015-2016:
No donors disclosed.
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.