Gubernatorial air war: $47.6M
Television advertising about Michigan's 2014 gubernatorial candidates cost $47.6 million. The candidates' campaign committees paid less than a quarter of that cost and most of the rest will not be reported to the State of Michigan.
- Press Release: Gubernatorial air war: $47.6 million
- Michigan Gubernatorial Television Advertising, 2014
Dark money dominated Supreme Court, AG campaigns
Unreported, unregulated spending dominated advertising for the Michigan Supreme Court and attorney general campaigns. Dark money paid for 65% of TV costs in the Supreme Court campaign and 59% in the AG campaign. What you don't know may hurt you, or all of us.
- Press Release: Dark money dominated Supreme Court, AG TV campaigns
- Supreme Court Campaign TV Advertising, 2014
- Attorney General Campaign TV Advertising, 2014
- Supreme Court candidates on accountability for political advertising
Top PACs on record fundraising pace
Michigan's top 150 state PACs have raised $60.1 million - 73% more than the top PACs had raised at this point last election cycle. The difference is largely due to the proliferation of superPACs. See which interest groups brought the most money to this year's campaigns.
State candidates' campaign finances - two weeks out
Candidates for state offices have filed their final complete campaign finance reports prior to the November 4th election. See how the candidates stack up financially.
- Press Release: State candidates' campaign finances - two weeks out
- Constitutional executives' campaign finance summary, through 10/19/2014
- Supreme Court candidates' campaign finance summary, through 10/19/2014
- Michigan Senate candidates' campaign finance summary, through 10/19/2014
- Michigan House candidates' campaign finance summary, through 10/19/2014
Top Michigan Donors to RGA, DGA
Michigan voters have been exposed to a barrage of advertising about the gubernatorial candidates sponsored by the Republican Governors Association and the Democratic Governors Association. Know the Michigan-based interest groups and individuals who are fueling the RGA and DGA.
- Press Release: Top Michigan Donors to RGA, DGA
- Top Michigan Donors to the RGA, 01/2013-09/2014
- Top Michigan Donors to the DGA, 01/2013-09/2014
- Donors to the Governor's Club, 03/2011-09/2014